170 years of history and tradition
Where it all began: the plantation
In 1842, Charles Barry travelled to Africa to seek and harvest a selection of cocoa beans that would enable him to become the very first chocolate connoisseur. Expanding into Latin America, Cacao Barry® soon perfected the art of transforming raw natural ingredients into the most refined and delicate cocoa and chocolate products.
Cacao Barry® in dates
- 1963: Creation of the Baking Sticks and simultaneously the famous “pains au chocolat”
- 1973: Launch of the brand “Your Demonstration Partner” to introduce personalized assistance and support to professionals
- 1976: As a partner, Cacao Barry® is the first brand to introduce moulds for craftsmen.
- 1988: First brand to offer chocolate in the convenient shape of Pistoles™. At the same time Cacao Barry® enlarges its mould range by launching polycarbonate bonbons moulds. This enables craftsmen to diversify their confectionery offer.
- 1989 Creation of an innovation for the pastry chefs: Pailleté Feuilletine™. Today, this product is indispensable for the famous recipe Le Royal Chocolat.
- 2003: Launch of Mycryo® cocoa butter - a pure fat naturally found in cocoa beans
- 2006: Launch of the Plantation range. The beans for these chocolates originate from a one single plantation, allowing Cacao Barry® to offer unique aromatic notes that evolve over time.
- 2013: Cacao Barry® discovers specific ferments naturally present in the local plantation environment (plant leaves and soil) that have a beneficial impact on the fermentation process. This results in Q-Fermentation: a fermentation process during which intense and pure flavours are being released by each bean.
- 2015: Launch of a new packaging to ensure the protection of cocoa flavours and highlight cocoa knowledge