OneSquare Afternoon Tea
The Sheraton’s One Square restaurant in Edinburgh is renowned for delighting their guests with seasonal changes to their Afternoon Tea menu. This autumn is no different as they have partnered with Cacao Barry to launch their Chocolate Afternoon Tea.
After a savoury start guests can enjoy a choice of scones followed by an exciting range of exquisite OneSquare favourites including Chilled chocolate soup with clotted cream foam & crackle crystals, Cocoa dark 70% Sachertorte along with a range of other exquisite cakes and pastries.
We interviewed OneSquare’s Executive Chef Craig Hart to find out more about how he made chocolate work alongside the traditional afternoon tea.
What was the inspiration behind a chocolate afternoon tea?
- We wanted to match an ingredient that people love and chocolate has diverse meanings to people, we wanted to create a fantastic afternoon tea people could use to create memories.
Does One Square have a signature pastry and was it adapted for the Chocolate Tea?
- No, we try to be different when we have an idea we want to continually adapt it and better so it never stands still.
What is your favourite aspect of the Chocolate Tea?
- Either the chocolate soup with chocolate cracking crystal or white chocolate and freeze dried strawberry lollipop
How long have you been using Cacao Barry for and which is your favourite chocolate?
- I have been using it throughout my career at a lot of different establishments and they are also bringing out new flavours and single estate chocolate which are very unique , currently my favourite is the Ocoa 70 % which we are using on this menu
Has the Chocolate Afternoon Tea been well received by guests?
- So far it has received amazing reviews because there are so many flavours you can match to chocolate it’s a great versatile product.