Lapsang Souchong Black Tea and Whisky Bonbon by Ramon Morató
We owe you two of Ramon’s recipes from UK & Ireland preselections for World Chocolate Masters. Here is one of them.
Ingredients for approximately 8 “Berlingot” moulds
- 230 g Water infusion of Lapsang Souchong smoked tea
- 2 g Milk protein
- 100 g Benromach Organic Scotch Whisky 43% ABV
- 80 g Invert sugar
- 80 g DE 44 glucose syrup
- 100 g Dextrose
- 3 g Salt
- 900 g Origine Ghana milk chocolate couverture 40.5% cocoa
- 230 g Anhydrous milk fat
Prepare a hot infusion of 500 g of water and 45 g of Lapsang Souchong smoked tea. Filter after 4 minutes.
Mix the milk protein in the infusion once cooled, add the whisky, the sugars and the salt.
Pour over the mixture of couverture and anhydrous milk fat, previously melted at around 45ºC.
Emulsify correctly and pre-crystallise at around 28ºC.
Measure out into the moulds and store.
- S.Q. Cacao Barry Origine Ghana milk couverture 40.5% cocoa
- S.Q. Cacao Barry Ocoa dark chocolate couverture 70% cocoa
- S.Q. Dark chocolate paint
- S.Q. Powdered gold colouring
Pre-crystallise the dark chocolate paint and, using a chocolate spray gun, thinly coat the “Berlingot” mini-bonbon moulds.
Then sprinkle on the powdered gold colouring and mould the Origine Ghana milk couverture 40.5% cocoa.
Measure out the truffle into the moulds, leave to crystallise for a few hours and seal the base with Ocoa dark couverture 70% cocoa.
Remove from moulds and store.
Ramon Morato is Cacao Barry Technical Advisor & Director of Chocolate Academy
Ramon Morató in London at WCM preselections. Photo: Courtesy of Cacao Barry