Used products: Vegan Chocolate Meringue
Preparation: Vegan Chocolate Meringue
1. Combine water and potato whip in the mixing bowl and whisk until dissolved and foamy.
2. Add baking soda and continue to mix medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add granulated sugar #1 to meringue and mix for 2 minutes medium speed.
4. Combine sugar #2 and cornstarch, then slowly add to meringue while mixing.
5. Whip mixture until all sugar has dissolved and meringue is thick and shiny.
6. Add vanilla paste and mix to combine.
7. Gently fold sifted cacao powder into meringue, being careful not to deflate.
8. Using a round piping tip, pipe mounds on top of half sphere molds.
9. Bake at 150°C for 1 hour, then reduce temperature to 100°C for 1 more hour.
Used products: Hazelnut Praline
2 gSalt flower
Preparation: Hazelnut Praline
1. Place sugar and water in pot and cook to 120°C.
2. Meanwhile, warm hazelnuts in microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Add hazelnuts to sugar and stir, crystalizing all sugar evenly around hazelnuts.
4. Continue to cook until all sugar is caramelized.
5. Pour hazelnuts on silpat and add salt flower.
6. Let cool completely before processing in a mixing robot until smooth and fluid.
7. Store in airtight container and reserve for plating.
Used products: Ganache
1. Combine oat milk, glucose, and trimoline in pot and warm to 65°C.
2. Pour hot mixture over chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
3. Emulsify using hand blender, being careful not to incorporate air bubbles.
4. Cover with cling film and reserve for plating.
Used products: Crunchy Coating
Preparation: Crunchy Coating
1. Chop hazelnuts into small pieces.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Reserve for plating.
Used products: Hazelnut Praline Sorbet
3 gsorbet stabilizer
20 gglucose powder
1 piece(s)Vanilla Bean
100 gHazelnut Praline
Preparation: Hazelnut Praline Sorbet
1 Mix stabilizer and glucose together.
2 Bring water, trimoline, and vanilla to 40°C.
3 Add sugar/stabilizer mixture and bring to 85°C.
4 Strain over hazelnut paste and praline and emulsify with hand blender.
5 Let mature overnight before spinning and storing properly.
Used products: Chocolate Sauce
Preparation: Chocolate Sauce
1 Combine oat milk and sugar and bring to boil
2 Add cacao powder, and boil for 3 minutes.
3 Pour mixture over dark chocolate and emulsify with hand blender.
4 Store properly for plating.
1 Leveling the bottom of the meringue with a microplane so that it sits flat on the plate.
2 Place a chocolate meringue in the center of the plate.
3 Pipe hazelnut praline into the bottom of the meringue.
4 Using a ice cream scoop, create a round ball of sorbet, then carefully enrobe in the ganache. Remove and carefully roll into the crunchy coating.
5 Place on top of praline.
6 Pipe dots of ganache onto sorbet and decorate with chocolate garnish.
7 Serve with a pouring vessel of warm chocolate sauce to be poured in front of the guest.