The term “Barry Callebaut” refers to the entity of the Barry Callebaut group that is responsible for the Website, in particular Barry Callebaut AG, Pfingstweidstrasse 60, 8005 CH, Zürich, Switzerland. Where appropriate, the term "Barry Callebaut" may also refer to any other affiliate member of the Barry Callebaut group. You can contact us using our website contact form.
Use of the Website
- The sender or provider of any communications or content to this Website or otherwise to Barry Callebaut (other than content provided by Barry Callebaut) shall be solely responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its truthfulness, legality and accuracy, as well as for the safety of the transmission. You grant to Barry Callebaut the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the Website for its business purposes. You agree to be fully responsible for and indemnify Barry Callebaut from and against any and all liability and/or damage arising out of or claims resulting from your use of the Website and the access from your connection to the Website.
- Barry Callebaut reserves the right (but does not assume any responsibility) to delete, modify or supplement the content of this Website at any time for any reason without notification to anyone, and to terminate any user's access to all or part of the Website.
- Permission is given for the temporary storage of the Website’s web pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer, monitor or mobile device. Any other use is expressly prohibited.
Intellectual Property / Use of Content
- You should assume that everything made available on the Website is protected by national and international intellectual property laws. Copyright works subsist in the content available on the Website, individually and collectively, as well as in the entire source code used for the deployment of the Website. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products featured on this Website are the subject of registered and unregistered common law protection. All images, video recordings, audio recordings and/or other content provided on the Website are either the property of, or used with permission by Barry Callebaut. No use of any of the foregoing may be made without the prior written authorization of Barry Callebaut.
- The images, video recordings, audio recordings and/or other content may only be used for non-commercial purposes or review. Credit must be accorded to Barry Callebaut as source, e.g. ‘by courtesy of Barry Callebaut’. Reproduction of proprietary images, video recordings, audio recordings and/or other content without giving credit to Barry Callebaut is prohibited.
Liability of Barry Callebaut
- The Website, the content thereof and the products and services provided on or available through the Website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults.
- Barry Callebaut will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information on this Website, but makes no representations, warranties or assurances as to the accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of the information provided.
- To the extent permitted by the applicable law, Barry Callebaut shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages, loss or injury, including but not limited to personal injury, loss of profit, damage to reputation and/or loss of business, resulting from your access to, use of or inability to access this Website, or from your reliance on any information provided at this Website. In particular, Barry Callebaut shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer and device, loss of data or other property on account of your access.
Submission and Protection of Personal Data
- You acknowledge that the internet is an open network and transmission of information over the internet is not controlled by Barry Callebaut.
Links to Other Sites
- Barry Callebaut has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is neither responsible nor liable for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Website. Your access to and use of any of such sites is at your own risk.
Terms and conditions of registration for paid classes
- Price: The price includes the class, the materials it requires, and lunches. It does not include air travel, local transportation costs, meals other than lunch during the class days or accommodation.
- Travel and accommodation: Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and hotel reservations. A list of hotels with which the CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center has negotiated preferential room rates is available on request, after receipt of the registration form.
- Cancellation Policy: Our CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center Programs can accommodate a limited number of students and are usually full with a waiting list. Should you cancel your participation in a class, we will refund fifty percent (50%) of the price if you cancel in writing fourteen (14) days before the first day of the class. No refunds will be given for cancellation within fourteen (14) days of the first day of the class.
- Subject to the CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center’s written agreement prior to the event, the registration may be transferred to another person from the same company or organization at no extra charge.
- The CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center reserves the right to cancel a class up to two (2) weeks in advance. If this should occur, we will either postpone the class to a future date or reimburse you for the price of the class.
- Please note that the CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ center reserves the right to cancel this event or to make minor alterations to the content and timing of the program or to the identity of the trainers. The Chocolate Academy will not, however, be held responsible for any related expense incurred by the participant.
- **For US Chocolate Academy Students** : Full refund will be provided if you cancel 45 days or more prior to the first day of the class you have registered to attend. If you cancel within 45 days of the start of your class, you will receive a credit which you can use toward a future class within a year from the cancellation date.
- Registration and Payment: Enrolment and the schedule will be confirmed after receipt of full payment for the class.
- The product- and service-related information provided by Barry Callebaut via this Website is governed by the laws of Switzerland. Should you gain access to this Website and/or make use of it from an area outside the jurisdiction of the laws of Switzerland, you are responsible for the compliance with the respective local laws and regulations.