Chocolate Marbles Lychee ganache with Blueberry and plum jam truffles by Hideko Kawa
These beautiful chocolate marbles were created by Hideko Kawa for a marble run cake - a vanilla genoise sandwich cake with milk chocolate cream, but they are also beautiful and delicious on their own.
220g Blueberry puree
120g Red plum puree
20g Yellow Pectin
470g Caster sugar
300g Glucose syrup
2g Citric acid
70g Glucose syrup
330g Lychee puree
560g Cacao Barry Zephyr white chocolate
500g Cacao Barry Zephyr white chocolate
50g Cocoa butter
5g Yellow colouring
5g Blue colouring
1. Combine the purees and glucose in a pan and whisk in the sugar and pectin/water mixture. Bring to a boil with constant stirring.
2. Cook to 68 Brix. Add the citric acid solution. Pour onto a tray to cool down and then blitz.
1. Reduce the lychee puree to one third in a pan. Set aside.
2. Add the glucose syrup and the butter to the cream. Bring to a boil.
3. Pour half of hot cream mixture over the melted white chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
4. Stir the mixture to emulsify adding the rest of the cream.
5. Add the hot lychee puree reduction to the chocolate mixture and stir.
6. Using a stick-blender mix the mixture until it is homogenous.
7. Allow the ganache to crystallize at room temperature for 1 hour.
8. Using a piping bag with a round nozzle, pipe the ganache onto the parchment paper.
9. Using a piping bag with an insert nozzle, pipe the blueberry and plum jam in the center of the piped ganache. Set in a refrigerator for 20 minutes.
10. Roll the piped ganache into balls. Stick cocktail sticks into the balls.
Drizzle tempered coloured cocoa butter over tempered white chocolate. Dip the prepared truffle balls and remove excess chocolate. Allow to set fully and remove cocktail sticks.