175 years of pioneering chocolate journey...
Where it all began: the plantation
As former coffee and tea merchant, the Barry family set the standard in 1842. By travelling to Africa to seek out and harvest a selection of cocoa beans to transform them into the most refined and delicate cocoa and chocolate products. Bought by the enterprising Lacarré family in 1923, the company was catapulted into the international arena, while further investing in cocoa plantations, factories and communities in both Africa and South America.
Cacao Barry® in dates
- 1963: Creation of the Baking Sticks and simultaneously the famous “pains au chocolat”
- 1973: Launch of the brand “Your Demonstration Partner” to introduce personalized assistance and support to professionals
- 1976: As a partner, Cacao Barry® is the first brand to introduce moulds for craftsmen.
- 1988: First brand to offer chocolate in the convenient shape of Pistoles™. At the same time Cacao Barry® enlarges its mould range by launching polycarbonate bonbons moulds. This enables craftsmen to diversify their confectionery offer.
- 1989 Creation of an innovation for the pastry chefs: Pailleté Feuilletine™. Today, this product is indispensable for the famous recipe Le Royal Chocolat.
- 2003: Launch of Mycryo® cocoa butter - a pure fat naturally found in cocoa beans
- 2006: Launch of the Plantation range. The beans for these chocolates originate from a one single plantation, allowing Cacao Barry® to offer unique aromatic notes that evolve over time.
- 2013: Cacao Barry® discovers specific ferments naturally present in the local plantation environment (plant leaves and soil) that have a beneficial impact on the fermentation process. This results in Q-Fermentation: a fermentation process during which intense and pure flavours are being released by each bean.
- 2015: Launch of a new packaging to ensure the protection of cocoa flavours and highlight cocoa knowledge
- 2015: Launch of CacaoCollective, the number one chefs community dedicated to inspiration, information and creativity around chocolate.
- 2017: Launch of "La Esmeralda" the first RaRe Chocolate. The RaRe Chocolates Collection (2017) represents the commitment Cacao Barry© has towards guaranteeing the future availability and diversity of the finest and most unique cocoa.